Thursday, January 26, 2017

Plan, Plan, and Plan Some More

Ahhhh, January in Chicago…You never know what you’ll get, do you? On the 21st, it was 60 degrees and I admit, I liked it! How many times in your life were you able to wear shorts in January? This will come to an end soon, I think, and I’ll be shoveling and cursing plow trucks once again.

I figure we may have 6 weeks until the proverbial shit hits the fan, at which point we will all be running in a million different directions. For now, though, the temps are mild, there’s no snow or ice on the ground and March seems months away. What to do with this idle time you ask?

Plan, plan and plan some more (hopefully, you have started planning already). Now is the time to schedule your first round of fertilizer. You also want to figure out if you want to change anything in your programs. This spring, will you use a different landscape bed pre-emergent? Which broadleaf weed control will best suit you and your customer’s needs? Do you need to purchase a new, shiny L.T. Rich Z-Sprayer? Ha, okay, I lied, I am trying to sell you something. 


Seriously though, let’s face it. You have many options on where to buy your fertilizer, seed, plant protectants, equipment etc. There are different reasons why we decide who to do business with, in all aspects of our life, not just within our industry. We all want to deal with companies that bring innovation, savings and speed into our lives. Great partnerships are based on trust and honesty, not just who’s going to give us the best deal. Don’t get me wrong, deals are great, but a business based on great deals can’t survive. The point I’m trying to make with my rambling is this, while you have time before the season starts, sit down with your favorite sales reps and find out as much as you can about what’s new. Expand your horizons on some new technology, even if it costs a little more. It may make your life easier and more productive. I wish you a safe and prosperous 2017.

So, with that, I bid you adieu.  
 


Brian Hissem
ProGro Sales Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment